Put together two passionate insurance professionals who want to change the status quo of Employee Benefits when it comes to healthcare, and you get a fantastic conversation about Benefits Optimization & Mental Health Hurdles. We are grateful for the opportunity to be featured on Louis Bernardi’s podcast, Episode 13 on May 5, 2022.
What is Benefits Optimization?
Our friend Louis Bernardi hosts a fantastic podcast (Benefits with Friends) on this very topic. So what are we talking about? Think of Benefits Optimization as the process used by HR leaders to critically analyze their organization’s Employee Benefits program and determine what changes will make their benefits package best serve their employees and their organization.
Hartin Dynamics shares similar perspectives as Louis and his company BritePath, making for a great conversation. He highlights some of the core issues HR professionals face, and we couldn’t agree more:
- Lack of price transparency
- Lack of healthcare quality transparency
- Low provider & patient engagement
- High markup in Rx costs (30% or more)
- Misaligned incentives
- No control of Plan Document
- Unnecessary care
- Avoidance of care due to out-of-pocket costs
Further, there is a huge gap in focus on mental health services. Listen as Hartin Dynamics President Dennis Hartin brings insights to this very important topic.
Talking About Mental Health Hurdles
When it comes to mental health, Dennis Hartin says, “I don’t think the average population knows where to go or what to do if something happens, or if they happen to see an indication. I think about all the indications out there that we just don’t generally ‘see’. We’re all running around 150 miles per hour, and our emails are blowing up like crazy, and we’re distracted to the hilt. So how many of us don’t even see the symptoms as they start to arise. That’s where we’ve tried to tackle some of this on the front end.”
“It shouldn’t take a pandemic for the discussion of mental health to be really on the forefront,” responded Louis. To that we say, Amen! When our team works with a client, mental health hurdles are openly acknowledged, and supporting solutions are presented.
Making a Difference for Both Employees and Employers
What’s incredibly exciting is that one of our clients has proof positive that our tools are working! Read the success story of how an employer has been their staff turnover reduce from 18% or 5% and save $200K.
Additional resources you’ll find from Hartin Dynamics regarding Employee Benefits and Mental Health:
- Podcast on The Law of Relevancy featuring Dennis Hartin where he speaks passionately about the need for expanded mental health resources, including digital channels to reach those in need.
- Blog about providing employees with solutions beyond EAP (Is Your Employee Assistance Program Enough?)
- News Story featuring a Hartin Dynamics client: Kids Community College credits ‘Emotional Vaccines’ to dropping teacher turnover rate
Dig into all of this fantastic information full of real solutions and innovative ideas. As we like to say, let’s find ways to “do employee benefits better.“