Recent studies report over 60% of employees say their productivity is affected by their mental health, and nearly 40% of employees say their work environment contributes to their symptoms. It is no wonder your business may be experiencing reduction in productivity during the current period of remote work.
To assist employers as they face increased impacts of employee mental health, Hartin Dynamics is on the forefront of getting employers better equipped. We are proud to be working in collaboration with The National Center For Performance Health (NCPH), based here in Tampa, Florida.
Naturally, stressful life events will negatively impact the productivity of your employees. When employees suffer from stress related to work, family, finances, and relationship conflicts, company profitability tends to suffer along with them. Reducing employee stress directly leads to an improved bottom line. As a physician-led, national healthcare program based in Florida, National Center for Performance Health delivers a confidential employee assistance service that empowers employees to better manage stress, be more productive at work, and live a more fulfilled life. At the helm of this organization is Dr. Rahul Mehra whose experience includes working with the Tampa Bay Vipers XFL team, the MLB, and the NCAA as well as with numerous state and local medical organizations. Dr. Mehra is a certified Mental Health First Aid Certified Instructor from the National Council for Behavioral Health.
Employers Must Prepare
We all see daily events in the media that involve some type of crisis or emergency incidents: domestic violence, terrorism, school violence, industrial accidents, robberies, shootings, injuries, and even death. It is critical that organizations be prepared for any type of emergency situation that might arise. We understand that employees, students, healthcare workers, first responders, and even worshippers may encounter situations that place them under tremendous amounts of stress. That’s why programs such as the NCPH’s customized Psychological First Aid program can be a critical component for employers to implement. We encourage employers to prepare in advance for encountering major stressful situations with a comprehensive, rapid response.
WHAT IS PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID?
- Onsite counselors with a full-spectrum of interventions used when a serious event occurs at work, school or a place of worship
- May include initial trauma intervention; guidance to management teams; individual and group discussions
- May also include referrals for additional emotional health services as needed
With a proven track record of delivering immediate, confidential, effective mental health services, NCPH has the experience to help your business manage situational stress. Our services are delivered regionally and nationally via a network of over 8,000 mental health providers experienced in crisis intervention counseling. All services are physician-directed and available 24/7 every day of the year.
OBJECTIVES OF PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID
- Establish a sense of immediate safety
- Promote a sense of control
- Normalize the crisis and associated reactions to the events
- Return the organization to pre-event functional status
- Offset the stress of the situation
You could put your head in the sand and hope that your organization never has to deal with a crisis, but at Hartin Dynamics, we don’t believe that’s the best way to be successful. You need to plan ahead. You need to have reliable systems in place that provide you with the confidence of knowing that if something happens, your teams have a trusted partner to call on. Working with an organization such as NCPH removes guesswork at times when a structured, immediate response is required.
PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID SERVICES
- Ensure that you have a safe setting for employees and management teams impacted by the event
- Provide immediate, compassionate and confidential support to your entire team
- Lessen the financial impact on your organization by:
- potentially diverting lawsuits
- decreasing post-event absenteeism
- reduce workers’ compensation claims
- Prevent future medical claims
- Build resiliency among your staff
If you have concerns about the impacts of employee mental health, please reach out to us. While we are not the experts, a member of the Hartin Dynamics team will happily point you in the right direction. We are here to help employers address this issue of mental health as part of their ongoing employee benefits program. Building resiliency among your team is a win for everyone!